Monday, September 28, 2009

Reto Biaggi of Home Cuisine

As I said last Wednesday, I met up with Reto Biaggi because he has volunteered to work with The Locavore Makeover Families a couple of times over the course of the next year. I couldn't be more ecstatic because he is a "real chef" and I am a really good cook! His input will give us all an even deeper lesson in home economics and kitchen organization. Actually that is one of his first goals, to get Kim Richey more organized in her kitchen space. In order to introduce him without missing any of the details I lifted the following from his website about his personal chef in-home service.

"Cooking is my passion, I have been involved in professional kitchens since the age of 14. At age 12 I had decided to become a chef, and my dad sent me to work in a restaurant kitchen every summer.

I was born in Bern, Switzerland, where my mother was the Service Manager for the 5 star Du Theatre hotel. She loves to entertain and always involved me in the frequent parties she hosted at our house.

My international travelling started early as well, as we moved to France when I was still a child. I was fortunate that my parents loved to travel and to eat at excellent restaurants. I was exposed to sophisticated dining around the world through my teen years, which set my standards high.

I graduated from the Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne, Switzerland, the world's premier hospitality management school, and hold a business degree from the University of Lausanne also.

My international work experience includes, the Plaza Athenee hotel in Paris, the Bath Hotel in Bath (England), Disneyland Hotels in Paris, the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto.

In Greensboro, I have worked at the Green Valley Grill and the Grandover Resort.

I have been a personal chef since 2004 and without a doubt this is the happiest and most fulfilled I have ever been." http://www.homecuisine.net/

His wife is a Greenboro native (to bring it all back to local connections) and his family lives within my mythical 3 mile "zone of comfort." He's considering getting chickens and when my egg supply goes back up I will bring him a few of mine to sample.

Reto chooses much of the food he prepares for his work by going to the Curb Market downtown in addition to some other local sources and he will share all of that when we get together next.

Just wanted to introduce him and share my enthusiasm for his volunteerism with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment